A Cherished Mistake

The world is as it is because of one fundamental mistake, and it is the inability of world leaders, state leaders, right down to the basic core of the human hierarchical system, the workers, the students and yourself to admit of their wrongs and attempt to fix that mistake? Look, I'm not saying each and everyone of us is unwilling to admit their mistakes, I'm just saying that that is such a rare occurrence that it's justifiable to label the majority as a whole.

And this is where I come in, I made a mistake. I made a mistake infringing into someone's life, someone precious's life and me doing so has brought a whole lot of pain, sorrow and stress to that gem and myself. I made a mistake by not being the one that gem expects me to be. Call me selfish, but that mistake, that mistake of a month and a half, is probably the best mistake I've ever had.

"Oh, but even if they've dried, it don't mean that I'm feelin ok 'cause I'm still sad inside." - Daughter's Your Kisses

That month and a half, everyday I would wake up happy, knowing someone was waiting for me, I would sleep, knowing that I'm someone's last thoughts before they're off to their slumber. Oh what did I do to mess this up? I don't deserve any goodness, any of the goodness that you've brought upon on my life, these changes you've made in me, a clay like me does not deserve a gem like you. And I'm sorry this clay caused this gem of yours to be flawed, promise me you'll polish it again and you'll be the gem that you're meant to be.

I'm sorry I caused this much of a thorn, but what I'll forever be grateful for is the change you've made in me, for the better. Because of this, you've taken up a place in me and I'll forever cherish and love you for that.

As abruptly as it began, as sudden it will end.
A mistake this may be,
a cherished mistake this definitely is.


"Morning will come and I'll do what's right, just give me til then to give up this fight." - Bonnie Raitt's I Can't Make You Love Me



Morning, please never come.

Comments

Popular Posts