Shunned

“The caterpillar is a prisoner to the streets that conceived it
Its only job is to eat or consume everything around it, in order to protect itself from this mad city
While consuming its environment the caterpillar begins to notice ways to survive
One thing it noticed is how much the world shuns him, but praises the butterfly
The butterfly represents the talent, the thoughtfulness, and the beauty within the caterpillar"

Do people get into relationship because they're in love or because they feel loved? In this massively inhabited world, with numbers amounting to 7.3 billion as of 23/3/2015, it's easy to feel left out. To feel shunned, just like the caterpillar. So what do people do to feel accepted, to feel like they're finally home?


It was 2010, I've mentioned it a thousand times and I will talk of it a thousand time more. 2010 was the best year for me. 2010 was home to me. I've never felt more accepted anytime else than in 2010. Each day, I look forward to going to school, as they say, our second home, to see my classmates, my brothers and sisters, and my teacher, my family. A year later, home was torn apart from within. I destroyed my own home with my own reluctance to accept what's in front of me and was forever left behind in a secluded ball of memories that turned into a ball of pain.


But slowly and eventually, I managed to climb out of that ball, each day, their hands, your hands are reaching out to me, never giving up, and I remember the day I was out of that metaphorical ball, the air was fresh, my vision was clearer, my senses were tingling again, I no longer see things in black and white, things have a colour now, they have tastes and life was vibrant.

It's 2015 now and I fear I'm falling back to the same metaphorical ball. I'm losing my sanity with each passing days, it seems like nothing can bring me back now, I'm fighting a war I cannot win. I fear, one day, I would be breathing and the next I won't. I fear for my sanity, whatever that's left of it.

It's 2015 now, and to be frank, I entered into this metaphorical ball in 2014. Each day was a pain, a torture, a metaphorical torture that brought upon physical pain. I've made mistakes after mistakes and I fear this mistake, if this is a mistake, will tear me inside out. I'm already losing my head, my mind, what did I do to deserve this goodness?

It's 2015 and I'm lying to myself. This feelings of mine, is this my true intention? Is this what my heart wants. Is this how it's panned out to be? I don't know, life is a curse and a torture.

"But having a harsh outlook on life the caterpillar sees the butterfly as weak and figures out a way to pimp it to his own benefits
Already surrounded by this mad city the caterpillar goes to work on the cocoon which institutionalizes him
He can no longer see past his own thoughts
He’s trapped
When trapped inside these walls certain ideas start to take roots, such as going home, and bringing back new concepts to this mad city
The result?
Wings begin to emerge, breaking the cycle of feeling stagnant
Finally free, the butterfly sheds light on situations that the caterpillar never considered, ending the internal struggle
Although the butterfly and caterpillar are completely different, they are one and the same."

Poem // Kendrick Lamar's Mortal Man

// There will be a part two to this. It's just that my mind's not in the right place and my heart's out of this town, give me sometime to put it back to its place. And oh God, this post is in such terrible form, please excuse me, by terrible form, I mean everything from the format to the grammar to the author. //

Comments

Popular Posts