The Chase

1:38am
23/1/2016

I'm pretty sure it is a known fact that perfection is not achievable. Even if one has acquired the elusive status of perfection. I've always had that thought since young. Growing up, we had celebrities like Justin Timberlake, Britney Spears and the like on the national airwaves. And we all know too well that they didn't exactly the perfect life to be a perfect person to be a perfect idol. Closer to home, we all love our families. We all look up to them, to do them proud one day. What we are today is what they taught us. They mould us since we were born.

And they're not perfect. They have their flaws. Just like you and me. We all have our flaws. But here's the thing. I'm not writing about perfection today. There's nothing to write about that other than it's not achievable. What I'm gonna write is that, happiness is not achievable. While one can feel happy for a moment, they can't feel happy for a lifetime. Just like perfection, you can feel perfect for a second, but not a minute.

Maybe it's me but I don't feel true happiness for quite some time. Sure, I do enjoy the moment of some occasions. But I can't remember the days when I actually went to bed happy and woke up happy. It's always been a struggle to fill the contentment of my heart. That is what I'm chasing. The chase that I yearn for is to go to bed happy and to wake up happy. To feel content with what I could give to the world and what the world could give. Until then, the chase is still on.

The chase for happiness is done on the same road as the chase for perfection. It never ends.

1:54am
23/1/2016

Comments

Popular Posts