Visiualization

2:19am
15/2/2016

Almost a month since my last update. Much apologies about that but I just didn't had the mood nor the energy to write. Funny I'm saying that when I've been sleeping at 4-5am everyday of the holidays. Even now, I'm not 100% sure this will go up because my mind's not fully in it.

To be honest, I hadn't been thinking much about the blog these few days. Could I have outgrown the concept of a blog? Surely not? I was going to write my whole life on here! Surely my life didn't end with the last post? I'm still breathing am I? I guess I was inspired by a video on Youtube. And no, it wasn't the typical videos that you would think that would inspire people.

It is in fact a song. A remix if you'd let. A remix that was uploaded 3 years ago. It's Ryan Hemsworth's remix of Ribs by Lorde. I didn't had words for it then, I don't have words for it then. I was scrolling through the comments looking for the right words when I saw it. Perfectly described by one, he says "literally just put on my beats and turned this song on and closed my eyes and I swear I visualized my future." and that is the truth. This is the kind of song that brought me back to Bali 2 years back. The chilled moment. The moment where you could just imagine you're lying down on a bed by the pool, listening to the waves motioning and your eyes closed, everything seems right where they should be.

Visualization. That's what it is. A lot of people seem to underestimate the importance of such a trivial thing. The first time that I ever thought of visualization was few years back in a football magazine. It was on FourFourTwo if I'd remember correctly. An interview with Wayne Rooney revealed to me that he visualizes the game before the game. He visualizes the boots he'll be wearing, the sound of mad fans screaming and yelling filling his eardrums, him running up the pitch and hitting the sweet spot for the winning goal. Visualizing he says. Visualizing it is.

Every since then, I tend to visualize everything. And I mean everything. I visualize what it'd be like when I first entered college / uni. I visualized how pack tomorrow's train will be. I visualized how class is going to be. It doesn't matter that what I visualize doesn't come true. What matters is the sense of contentment of how much you prepare for the days ahead. And that is what's important.

2:38am
15/2/2016

Comments

Popular Posts