stagnant is not always bad

 1:18pm

5/5/2022


the night sky was silent, no movement on the roads, quiet in the house. it's just me. looking upwards at the big, round moon, and it staring back down. it was 3am, and the demons in my head run wild, but this time, they weren't whispering all things bad.

you see, we've been seeing plenty of news and articles about the great resignation happening over in the us, and malaysia's not any different too. i left my job and found another one. will i leave again? that's a question for another time.

but this post is more on what i believe is the reasoning behind all that has happened with this. you see, we are a generation that has been blessed with plenty of opportunities, blessed with having a roof over our head and more than anything, an opportunity to be free and to explore what we want to.

in high school, i told my mum i hated science and i want to go to art stream instead of science. naturally she was a bit hesitant at first. but my brother supported me, saying it'd be useless to put me in a field that i hate and that would cause more destruction and set-up for failure instead. 

because of that decision and the chain of thoughts behind it, it set an expectation in me that we should never settle for anything less than we desire. and having that many option, i was blessed to be given a chance to try them out. from accounting in spm, to law in a-levels and followed by marketing in uni. i landed a job in e-commerce, in esports, and now in telecommunications. 

but perhaps sometimes having too many options is a curse. it's given me the mentality that i shouldn't settle for anything less than perfection and honestly, that's not true and also an impossible task. basically setting me up to always be unhappy at every hardship and obstacle.

taking a step back, i compared my time at lazada vs time.

at lazada, i had a fun time with a superb team, but ultimately, the company's top-down direction made it hard to progress.

at time, team may be a bit challenging compared to before, but i suppose there is still room to progress. plus I'm only here for 2 months plus.


and i looked back between those 2, the former i had a hard time navigating work, the latter, honestly? it's just boring and not tickling my curiosity haha...


yeah, this whole blog ain't a good look for future recruiters on me 


yeah x2, that's it. it's the middle of a work day and honestly I'm stumped.. goodbye and out, no learnings here, just random ramblings 

Comments

Popular Posts